Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rationale




I love photos, but not taking the shots by myself. When I was young, I saw people carrying a lot of camera equipment’s which seems pretty heavy and walking around the street to take photo. My first impression for a photographer is that shooting photos is a troublesome and tiring activity which I won’t even want to touch it. However, every time I saw some awesome photos taking by some unknown photographer, my curiosity is flooding all over my head and giving me the urge to study the particular photo. I really want to know how those photographers are able to shoot such an excellent shot. Hence, I am currently taking photography course now to understand more about the knowledge and the fascination of photography.Our final project in photography for this term is to choose our own theme and pick the best 5 photos for the portfolio. This project inquiries all the photography knowledge that we gained throughout the semester. Furthermore, we need to exert fully of our creativity and point of view to a certain level in order to produce a high quality outcome.The first thought of my topic is pebbles because the courtyard in my house is full of pebbles and I would like to give it a try. I have no much idea of how to make a rigid pebble looks more vivid and interesting, so I did some research and references in the internet and learnt some useful tips for this particular topic. Angle and composition is very important for my topic. These 2 aspects will definitely change the pebble into a more interesting way. Secondly, the sharpness and focus of the picture is also a crucial condition for pebbles, this is will allow me to see the roughness and crack of the pebble’s surface. The combination of the color of the pebbles is very important too. It allows us to determine the gradation and radian of the whole picture.I have learnt a lot from the final project and it might help me for my further assignments as well. Is was quite challenging and exciting during the photo session. In fact, enjoying the whole process is one of my greatest acquisition after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment